Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Start of Something New


Jocelyn started school yesterday! We are so lucky to live so close we will be walking to school everyday! I was very nervous that she was going to have a hard time. She wouldn't leave my side the day we went to meet her teacher and see her classroom and erupted with tears when the teacher asked to take her picture. Needless to say I thought I would be going to the first day of kindergarten too! But I walked her in and showed her stuff that was laid out on the tables and asked her if she wanted to sit next to Kelsey from church and she pulled out a chair and sat down at the table instead. I think the carpet might have been too much! But she sat and stayed as I walked away and I smiled waved and blew her a kiss and she go the biggest grin and smiled and blew a kiss right back! I am so proud of her for making this big step! As well I was proud of myself for walking home without crying!

2 comments:

GREENLAW said...

did i not comment already??? i can't believe that... a very cute start! let's see some more!! :) looking forward to the dance pics! (NOT!) thanks for dancing with me! :) hope you guys had FUN!

Jared and Lindsey said...

Hey Erika! How have you been!? I can't believe Jocelyn has started school. She is so big and her hair is so long and beautiful! What have you been up to? Hope everything is going great! Lindsey